The Southern Heritage Trust is devoted to the appreciation and protection of Otago’s social, cultural, architectural and industrial heritage. In particular
- we research and publish heritage materials
- we set up and maintain heritage websites
- we collaborate with other agencies, groups and individuals in heritage activities
- we take upon ourselves an advocacy role in heritage matters.
- we run a programme of heritage events, some public, others for members and invited guests
- set up in December 2002
- incorporated as a Charitable Trust